Dear D.C. parents,
As we all know, D.C. has one of the most unaffordable childcare systems in the nation. Let’s work together to change that!
The D.C. Council is considering groundbreaking legislation to expand access to childcare in D.C. We need your input on the bill and the state of childcare in D.C.!
At the roundtables, you will get a breakdown of upcoming childcare legislation and have the opportunity to write letters to Councilmembers about your childcare needs in D.C. We will also be painting onesies to send to members.
So let’s make it a playdate! Tell us what you think in person — and bring your children. We’ll have food, juice boxes, kid-friendly space, and lots to talk about.
Summary of the Bolstering Early Growth Investment Amendment Act:
- Increase childcare subsidy payments for providers
- Establish a program that allows child development facilities to share services
- Establish an Infant and Toddler Educator Compensation Task Force
- Expand the duties of the Early Childhood Development Coordinating Council to review reimbursement rates, expand child development resources in low-income communities, and reassess existing facility regulations
- Establish an Office of Early Childhood Development to operate the facility licensing process for child development providers, and offer guidance surrounding regulations, financing, and training
- Provide tax incentives for property owners to dedicate space to child development facilities
- Establish a grant program to help providers enhance their facilities